Civil/Structural Junior or Intermediate Engineer
Redwood Engineering Ltd. is a multi-disciplinary engineering team with offices in Trail, Nelson, and Victoria. Our continuous improvement philosophy, skilled professionals, and technical experts have allowed us to take on challenging and exciting projects while servicing clients in the Mining, Power Generation & Distribution, Infrastructure, and Pulp & Paper sectors as well as clients in the commercial and residential sector.
As the successful candidate, you will be working in the Trail office. You will be responsible for preliminary and detailed design of varying types of projects, working with reinforced concrete, structural steel, timber frame, and masonry. Duties include complex analysis and calculations, reviewing designs, drawings, and specifications, performing civil/structural assessments/inspections, and preparing reports. You will be responsible for coordinating the activities of other team members to ensure projects are completed within allotted schedules and budgets, and for ensuring project deliverables meet high quality standards. You will continually foster and grow strong relationships with our clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Registered (or eligible for registration) as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in British Columbia
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in civil/structural design, preferably in a consulting environment
- Experience with working in a construction setting
- Experience working with the National and BC Building Codes
- Industrial structural analysis and experience is an asset
- A valid driver’s license is required for this position
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written) and proven ability to collaborate with team members in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Technical competence and strong attention to detail
- Proven leadership and time management ability
What We Offer
At Redwood Engineering Ltd. we are always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. Become part of our team and we will provide you the opportunities to develop both personally and professionally. At Redwood Engineering Ltd., we encourage a culture of camaraderie and collaboration working together towards a common goal. You will not get lost in the numbers here, but rather enjoy positive guidance as you learn, grow, and create an impact. Now is an exciting time to join the Redwood Engineering Ltd. team.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
If you would like to submit a resume, please forward it in PDF format to email@example.com.